Broadview Church first met in the 1950s in a home downtown on the Trans Canada Highway. It began as an independently run Sunday School before gospel services for adults were added in November, 1954. By 1957, it had become affiliated with the Evangelical Free Church of Canada and became known as the Evangelical Free Church of Salmon Arm with Alf Pohl serving as pastor.
When the church outgrew these humble beginnings, it made plans for its first building project. A new facility was built on Okanagan Avenue. By the mid-70s, the church was again in need of a larger building. Plans were made for a second building project. The church purchased two and a half acres of property at 350 30 Street NE and built on the current address.
The church continues to meet at that location. More property was purchased and the building has again been expanded. A building project in 1997 made it possible for the church to lease space to King’s Christian School. They use the classrooms during weekdays. Evenings and weekends the space is busy with the various ministries of the church. The building was named “The Gathering Place” with the intent of being a place that could serve the larger community through rentals and to offer a place for larger community gatherings.